Monday, December 29, 2008

Four Christmases

Four Christmases - Dir. Seth Gordon (2008)


Vince Vaughn was funny once, right? I’m not crazy when I say that, am I? He’s cracked me up in movies like Swingers, Made, and Dodgeball. Now, we have a Vince Vaughn whose tired, fast-talking wiseass act has grown thin. After one failed Christmas movie in Fred Claus, Vaughn follows it up with another wretched holiday film. With a brief runtime of 82 minutes, Four Christmases still manages to drag on and on in a neverending torrent of mean spirited, lowbrow humor. The characters are abrasive, smug, and unsympathetic while their families are as equally annoying.

Director Seth Gordon made an impressive debut with The King of Kong, but I hope this isn’t the path his career is going to take. Even more mind boggling is how they roped five Oscar winners into doing this piece of garbage.

Rating: DUD

No comments: